Aelis Farma company:
Aelis Farma's goal is to develop a new pharmacological class: specific CB1 receptor signalling inhibitors (CB1-SSi). CB1-SSi has a unique mechanism of action that has never been tested in humans before. Aelis Farma is currently developing two drug candidates AEF0117 (currently in phase II) for the treatment of cannabis addiction and cannabis-induced psychosis and AEF0217 for the treatment of cognitive impairment in Down's syndrome. Aelis Farma is extremely committed to the development of these breakthrough treatments and has the ambition to become the leader in SSi drugs.
The company is currently going through a key stage in its development and is looking to strengthen its teams and is looking for an assistant biotechnology engineer. This position is based in Bordeaux.
Summary of the position:
As part of the Discovery team, you will participate in the screening of new molecules using cellular and biochemical tests. You will be responsible for the following tasks
- Carry out cellular and biochemical tests in microplates in compliance with established protocols and health and safety rules (L2 level)
- Write protocols, record daily in the laboratory notebook
- Participate in the analysis, synthesis and presentation of results
- Participate in the upkeep of the laboratory environment, maintenance of equipment and monitoring of stocks of reagents/consumables required for tests
- 5 years of higher education in Biotechnology
- Experience in performing cell-based assays in 96 and/or 384-well formats (use of electronic multichannel pipettes)
- Ability to work in reduced light conditions for precision pipetting
- Proficiency in Excel software for data analysis, ability to process and analyse a large amount of data
- Proficiency in GraphPad Prism for graphing and statistical analysis
- Good level of English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Rigour, meticulousness, dynamism, team spirit
Any experience in one or more of the following fields will be considered a plus: use of multimode plate readers (luminescence, fluorescence, alpha technology, HTRF), performance of immunoassays, study of GPCR signalling pathways, study of the CB1 receptor, knowledge of neurobiology, calcium signalling, isolation and culture of primary neuronal cells, differentiation and culture of iPS, cell imaging, use of HCS platforms, use of pipetting robots.
Position to be filled quickly.
Please send your documents in English (CV and cover letter) to: email@example.com
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)